A brain injury can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Whether due to an auto accident, sports injury, stroke, tumor, or one of countless other causes, chances are you, or someone you know, has been affected by a brain injury. Jodi House helps brain injury survivors reclaim their lives, and helps families and caregivers find solutions, resources, and support.
Jodi House is now a Service Provider for the State of California
Jodi House Brain Injury Support Center of Santa Barbara has been selected as one of seven sites statewide to receive State of California funding from the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) for serving adults with traumatic brain injury (TBI). This funding will allow Jodi House to further provide its members Core services, including:
- Supported Living Services- provides a variety of training, support and supervision to maximize independence where the participant is living.
- Community Reintegration Services – maximize independent functioning with the goal of living in the community and participating in community life by increasing participant access to housing, medical care, transportation, education, recovery programs, and personal assistance.
- Vocational Supportive Services – include prevocational and educational services to individuals who are unserved or underserved by existing vocational rehabilitation services.
- Information and Referral – includes services providing information on TBI to individuals, family members, caregiver, service providers and other stakeholders. This includes referrals to TBI service or other community resources.
- Public and Professional Education – designed to facilitate early identification of persons with brain injury, prompt referral of these persons to appropriate services, and improvement of the system of services available to them.
For further information on Department of Rehabilitation TBI Program Services, as well as the additional six TBI support sites, please see: http://www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/TBI/TBI-Services.html